Professor, researcher, and author John Sommers-Flanagan, Ph.D., teams up with parenting, child, and intimate relationship expert Sara Polanchek, Ed.D., to bring you the Practically Perfect Parenting Podcast. Children do not come with instruction manuals, and this bi-weekly podcast tackles some of the biggest issues parents face, with humor and wit. Brought to you by The Charles Engelhard Foundation, and the National Parenting Education Network, this podcast pairs cutting edge research and proven technique, to help make you a practically perfect parent.
Click here to download the episodes for free, and share with your clients, or use them as professional development opportunities! Episodes include:
Love, Sex, Babies and Happiness · The Challenges of Step-Parenting · Sleep Well in 2017 & Beyond · Dear Mom & Dad Please Be My Parent & Not My Bestie · Practically Perfect Positive Discipline, Part 1 · Practically Perfect Positive Discipline, Part 2 · Get Curious, Not Furious: Discipline Again & Again, and Some More
Advancing the Field
- Examining the Roles, Training, and Characteristics of Paraprofessionals in Parenting Education by Sandra McClintic and Lorna Durrant, 2016
- Reimbursement for Parenting Education Services to Promote Family Health and Wellbeing by Stephanie Jones, Kimberly Allen and Jenna K. Barnes
- Report on NPEN Parenting Education Engagement and Outreach Survey_Final by Meg Akabas, Linda Keely, Sandy Kraus, Michele Ostafy and Ellen Taner, April 2016 (PDF)
- A Closer Look at Diverse Roles of Practitioners in Parenting Education: Peer Educators, Paraprofessionals and Professionals by Stephanie T. Jones, Mary Kay Stranik, M. Gayle Hart, Sandra McClintic and Judith Rae Wolf, 2013 (PDF)
- Advancing the Field of Parenting Education by Debbie Glasser & Harriet Heath (PDF)
- Families First White Paper: Envisioning, Energizing, and Empowering Relationships—Findings from the Parenting Education Summit, March 2008 (PDF)
- Family Support and Parenting Education (PDF)
- Finding of the Parenting Education Summit Crista Martinez, Families First Parenting Programs as presented at the Massachusetts Parenting Education Conference, Nov. 5, 2007 (PDF)
- Minnesota Personnel Licensing System
- New York State Parenting Education Partnership: Survey of Parenting Education Providers Use of Evidence: Preliminary Results, September 2008 (PDF)
- The Parenting Imperative: Investing in Parents so Children and Youth Succeed A Policy Brief [October 2007: #22] of the Family Strengthening Policy Center (PDF)
- Suggestions for Evaluating Parent Education Programs
- General Principles for Evaluators
- Harvard Family Research Project newsletter on evaluation
Parenting Curricula and Models
- Choosing Parenting Curriculum Based on the Strengths, Interests and Preferences of the Parents Who Will Use Them by Harriett Heath
- National Extension Parent Education Model (NEPEM)
- National Extension Parenting Educator’s Framework (NEPEF)
- Raising Teens: A Synthesis of Research and a Foundation for Action
- The Role of the Mass Media in Parenting Education
- Sharing the Wisdom on Parenting: Turning Information Overload Into a Curriculum That Works (PDF) by Karen DeBord, Ph.D,; Harriet Heath, Ph.D.; Dana McDermott, Ph.D.; and Randi Wolfe, Ph.D.
- Research Update December 2014: Positive and Negative Perfectionism by Hopkins, E., Bates, E., Farnsworth, M., & Stolz, H.E.
- Research Update November 2014: Parental Knowledge and Adolescent Delinquency by Emily Hopkins, Psychology BA Student, Erin Bates, Psychology BA Student and Meredith Farnsworth, Psychology BA Student.
- Research Update October 2014: Solution-Focused Consultations: A Cost and Time Effective Way to Reduce Parental Stress and Promote Competence? by Michelle Backlund, MA, and Ray Backlund, MA.
- Research Update September 2014: Marital Conflict May Affect Disordered Eating in Adolescents by Heidi Stolz, PhD and Heather Wallace, PhD
- Research Update August 2014: Parents and School Involvement by Brenna Sapotichne, MS
- Research Update June 2014: Helicopter Mothering by Heidi Stolz, Ph.D. and Heather Wallace, PhD