- Communication & Website Resources for Parenting Educators
- Leadership & Advocacy
- Networking & Membership
- Professional Preparation & Recognition
- Financial Resource Development
- Advisory Panel
The NPEN committees draw from NPEN Council members and other NPEN members.
Co-Chairs: Ann Corwin & Claire Lerner
Members: Heidi Stolz
Goal: Develop NPEN’s website and listserv as THE sources for information and resources for parenting educators.
- Enhance and organize the NPEN website to include a range of resources for parenting educators.
- Maximize the use and functionality of the listserv.
Co-Chairs: Michele Ostafy & Eve Sullivan
Members: Sandy Kraus
Goal: Broaden NPEN’s leadership role in advocating for national recognition of parenting education.
- Enhance NPEN’s branding.
- Develop and implement a media communication plan.
- Conduct an effective NPEN member recruitment plan.
- Raise awareness among decision makers and the general public about the importance of parenting education.
- Raise awareness among parents about the importance of participation in parenting education.
- Increase NPEN’s presence at local, state, regional, and national conferences.
- Mobilize NPEN Council, other NPEN members, NPEN listserv subscribers, and the NPEN advisors to support NPEN’s mission.
- Increase volunteer in-kind contributions.
Chairs: Frances Guzman
Members: John Sommers-Flanagan
Goal: Strengthen NPEN’s role as a key networking vehicle for parenting educators and parenting education organizations and programs.
- Develop partnerships with states, national systems, organizations, and businesses to increase NPEN’s networking capacity and visibility.
- Build partnerships into long-term relationships in order to foster identification with NPEN.
- Identify multiple avenues for networking including web-based, print, radio, and other media.
- Improve membership system components including recruitment, maintaining database, and renewal notification.
Co-Chairs: Stephanie Jones
Members: Betty Cooke, Dana McDermott, Eleonora Villegas-Reimers, Pam Langer, Jerri Wolfe, Harriet Heath, Glen Palm, Gayle Hart, Sandra McClintic, Mary Kay Stranik
Goal: Promote NPEN as the leader in setting standards for professional development and recognition systems.
- Develop and adopt core competencies and standards for parenting educators.
- Develop a matrix of existing professional recognition systems.
- Create a template for states/organizations to use to develop their own professional recognition system.
- Hold a National Forum on Professional Development Systems; follow with a White Paper.
- Investigate the feasibility of operationalizing a national professional development and recognition system.
Chair: Sandy Kraus
Members: Barbara LeBlanc, Betty Cooke, Liz Pearce
Goal: Ensure sustainability of NPEN over time by increasing human resources with the addition of new members to the NPEN Council through the nominating process.
- Prepare a slate of new members equal to the number of vacant slots on the Council and fill the positions of officers of the organization.
- Increase cultural, gender and economic diversity of Council membership to advance fundamental issues of inclusion and equity.
- Provide resource material to new Council members to prepare them for participation at annual meeting and recognize outgoing members.
Co-Chairs: Debbie Reilly & Liz Pearce
Members:Betty Cooke, Barbara LeBlanc, Nick Long, John Sommers-Flanagan
Goal: Ensure sustainability of NPEN over time by increasing financial resources.
- Obtain ongoing funding for an administrative assistant for NPEN.
- Obtain funding for specific projects/activities.
- Investigate the feasibility of an NPEN home office.
Chair: Anne Robertson
Goal: Recruit, inform, and consult with the panel on issues and history.
View: NPEN Advisors